Sunday, March 21, 2010

Book Review 2

Title:Pendragon:The lost city of Faar
Author: D.J. Machale

Learnt:From this author:I learn a vocabulary and he starts his scene in school.He starts it with a commanding speech.When the reader is visualizing,he will be surpirsed.He describes the character by putting it in paragraphs.For 1 scene,he using about 1 page.He uses alot of speech.In the beginning,I notice for introducing Bobby Pendragon,he uses 1 sentence to just write 'Bobby Pendragon'.In speeches,he describes the emotions of the character in between the conversation.He used actions to link the speeches.

a)Main characters:Bobby Pendragon,Courtney,Mark,
b)Personality of Courtney:Volleyball player,Unbeatable in volleyball,decent student in class,friendly.

How I know?

Unbeatable in volleyball becuase she was incredibly tall.Her result was not world class becuase decent becuase she concentrated too much on volleyball ( wild guess ).Friendly becuase she has alot of friends.

2.Mark's personality: Like to be 'uncool'.Bobby's journal fan.Does not like sports,not hygienic,introvert,lazy.

How do i Know?

'Uncool' was decipted itself in the book.He would die to read Bobby's journal.His hair would be a little long and unwashed.His mother picked clothes for him.

3.Bobby's personality:Nice,basketball star player,traveller.

How I know?

He was kind to other people and he was fit enough to play basketball.He travelled around the world to save people and now in this book he had to complete a mission

d)By using characterization,he really made use of them.All three people could use one of their positive characteristic to help each other.

Stars given: Very entertaining and alot of actions.Loved this story! I give it 4 stars becuase some parts are pure drama.

No comments:

Post a Comment