It was exciting.When I entered the bus,I felt adventure through me.It was as if we are in heaven.When we reached our destination,I aboarded the bus and was surprise we actually went through a bit of walk.I thought they would directly show the headings,as I went through the walk,I saw a Giant Malayan Water Monitor.It was hiding to catch its prey.I glanced to check out its structural adaptation but unfortunately i did not have time.
Mrs Ong told us the Malayan water can sprint very fast to catch its prey.The FACT which struck me the most was the golden egg-like protector.I thought it was real gold.Then I realised that the toads use it to hide the eggs so the predator wont know where it really is.I was amazed the frog cares so much about their children.When the egg has completely developed,the baby tadpoles will fall into the pond and start its life.The crabs were fascinating!The male fought another male so that the winner can mate the female.The live in lobster mounds where there are spiders, mud lobsters(obvious),ants,snakes,vinegar crabs.The Lobster mound is a habitat for them.The Human were the top predators of MOSt animals.We are the No. 1 hunters in earth.We eat a variety of animals and plants.I only eat plants beacuase I am a vegetarian.The ANIMAL which struck me the most was the archerfish.They shoot water at their prey(insects).So their wings get wet and fall down or if they are on land,they slip into the pond.It must be very hard for the acherfish to shoot water at the insects becuase they can fly fast.Unless its a big bolt of water,I dont think the insect will be able to dodge it.They are quite resilience.
Avicennia trees!The leaves size is about 7cm-8cm.They have pencil-like roots growing vertically up the ground so that they can cop with the soil that lacks Oxygen.They can help us from tsunami's (If there is) by blocking the water so it does not reach Singapore.Its only Mothers natures will.I saw in Discovery channel some Tsunami's are cuased by global warming and pollution.The fact that Recycling a glass bottle = Television On for 3 hours is awesome!!!.I was Surprised!
No comments:
Post a Comment